Julia earned her Master of Social Work (MSW) degree in 1994 from Washington University, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, in St. Louis, MO. She has been a CA Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) since 1997.
Julia’s specialties include work with teens and young adults, as well as with children and families going through the transition of parental separation and divorce, and learning to adjust to life in two homes. Julia has a Certification in Mindfulness for Kids and Teens, as well as extensive training and experience in treating Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). She also specializes in supporting parents of children of all ages with time-tested Parenting Education and Support including In-Home Behavior Modification.
With over 20 years of work with various populations, Julia is seasoned and competent in working with any problems that are currently challenging her clients. She also enjoys working with adults struggling with mood disorders, relationship problems and life transitions.
Julia's California License is # LCS18488.
Julia utilizes best practices modalities including but not limited to:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT),
- Solution-Focused Therapy,
- Child-Centered Play Therapy,
- Systemic Family Therapy,
- Mindfulness Practice Education,
- Psycho-Educational Support,
- Exposure Response Prevention (ERP-CBT)
- Parenting Education/Support
Julia’s professional work history includes clinical settings such as:
- early childhood day treatment,
- children and youth residential,
- young adult crisis shelter,
- school-based services,
- non-medical hospital setting family services,
- satellite group settings,
- multi-disciplinary group practice.